Friday, 25 July 2014

On the Menu: Goulash

Hey, peeps! How was your week? 

Each Friday I strive to bring you something new from the Organized Chaos kitchen. In addition to that, I'm going to start listing out what we've been eating throughout the week! That way if there was a previous recipe involved...you can check it out! You can always find old meals on the Recipes page!



On The OC Menu
Fri: Pap and Pork Chops
Sat: Chicken Curry
Sun: Potjie
Mon: Mince and Spinach
Tues: Vienna Pasta
Wed: Hamburgers
Thurs: Cold meat sandwiches and chips

Ingrediants:
500g mince
1 onion, diced
1 can diced tomato
500g macaroni noodles
2 oz tomato paste
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c tomato sauce
3 tbl garlic salt
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbl soy sauce 
2 tsp dried, mixed herbs
black pepper

1) Place your noodles in boiling water and cook al dente.
2) Take diced onion and mince and fry in a large skillet (I prefer to use my electric wok!)
3) As mince is becoming brown (almost done), add in garlic salt, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
4) Add can tomato and let simmer approximately 5 minutes. 
5) Mix drained, cooked noodles with mince. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir thoroughly
.
6) Add sugar and let simmer about 3 minutes.
7) Add mixed herbs and black pepper to taste. Serve warm.

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Heartbeats Soul Stains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

6 comments:

  1. You're missing the ketchup. It can't be goulash without ketchup. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL Silly cousin! Tomato sauce in ketchup....at least that is what we call it here ;-) I should probably edit that for everyone still living in America ;-)

      Delete
    2. Tomato sauce is just tomatoes pureed in a can and ketchup is what little kids dip everything into. Lol.
      And I'm assuming mince is ground beef, right?

      Delete
    3. LoL You crack me up! No, here tomatoes pureed in a can is called...wait for it....tomato puree! hehe and Ketchup is called tomato sauce! I have to admit though our version is not near as sweet as the tomato sauce in America. Then again I thought that coke tasted different here too when I first moved! ;-) Now everything here tastes normal to me! And yes mince is ground beef, however when I first moved here I didn't know that and thought we were eating lamb all the time! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I love mine served with a bread roll or two with butter.
    Thank you for hosting this weeks link up at Wake Up Wednesday!
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, growing up a buttered bread was a dinner time staple! Hope your weekend was great!

      Delete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...