Monday, 15 September 2014

21 Random Facts About Shana

I’ve seen a lot of new faces around here lately! I don’t know where you all are coming from but I’m so SO excited to have you here! I figured now was as good a time as any to re-introduce myself to yall! You can read more at my About Us page!


To make it simple and fun, I thought I would share a few random facts about myself!

1)      I was an only child until the age of 18!

2)      I do not know my birth mom but have been so blessed to have had such amazing female role models in my life! God has surely filled that gap 10-fold!

3)      I prefer to use no product in my curly hair! I never used to be like this but over the past couple of years I slowly took things away. Now I don’t use anything and love the way my hair feels and looks!

4)      I chew my nails! I know it’s terrible but I’ve done it my whole life and no trick has ever worked to get me to stop!

5)      I dream about owning my own coffee shop! I want it to be a place people come to and can browse internet or join in a chat with a few other coffee lovers!

6)      I swore after LJ I was done having children and plan to stick by this, but knowing my baby isn’t a baby anymore gives me baby fever!

7)      I grew up in one town and lived there my entire life until the day I boarded the plane to SA.

8)      I’d never been outside of the USA until the day I left for SA!

   9)      I’d never been on a plane until the day I boarded my flight for SA!
   10)   I have goals to write a book about the transition into an Afrikaans family and what other cultures can expect (especially Americans) if they were to have a vacation in an Afrikaans household.

   11)   Once I start a book, I struggle to stop. I’ll sit and do nothing until I’ve finished the book!

   12)   I refuse to drink cold coffee. If I’m home and I make a cup of coffee, everything else (short of an emergency- and no, not being able to find your toy car is not an emergency) must just wait until I’ve finished!

13)   Every year when the weather starts warming up, I start running again. I have a dream to run the Comrades one day. But when winter comes and it’s too dark for me to run before or after work…I end up stopping!

14)   Because of this, I pray continuously for a treadmill that I can use in the house!

15)   The fences everywhere in SA still depress me. Every house is fenced and gated and I miss the openness of American homes where I lived. I don’t think I’ll ever get over this and that is why I’m so grateful for the house Hubby found us when we moved! No walls or fences!

16)   When I was little, I always said I wanted to be a doctor. Still to this day, blood makes me queasy!

17)   I hate talking on a phone! I really don’t like messaging either. I just really don’t like phones. I’ll talk to MIL for ever but otherwise I’d rather quickly say what needs said and be done!

18)   If I ever get to go back to the States to visit, I don’t care what is happening the first place I’m stopping is our local Mexican restaurant! I crave that food worse than a pregnant woman craves a back rub!

19)   I wasn’t that good at math growing up. I could have been but never had the patience for it and usually managed a B average. Now as an adult, I work primarily in book keeping and accounting and want to go back to school to be a Chartered Accountant.

20)   As much as I try to play the responsible parent/adult and I know the risks the decision would come with, the only reason we aren’t living back at the sea in Durban is because Hubby hasn’t said pack yet. If payday came one month and he said whatever fits in the car goes, whatever doesn’t stays….I’d have that car packed in under an hour! I miss the sea and the beach and everything about Durban almost as much as I miss my family State side!


21)   I want to work for myself. Bottom line, I want to spend my days pursuing things I love. I know it’s not a walk in the park, but I just would rather do what I love than continue getting dressed each day just to earn a salary at the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by!! Is there a random fact about you that you'd like me to know?

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Heartbeats Soul Stains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
bloglovin, follow me, blog, organized chaos, button twitter facebook, like me, blog, organized chaos, button google pinterest, follow me, boards, organized chaos, button youtube, organized chaos, subscribe, follow me, button instagram, follow me, blog, organized chaos, button linkedin, follow me, blog, organized chaos, button

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

1 comment:

  1. I am 33 and have never been on an airplane or left the US either.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...