Monday, 1 February 2016

Welcome Back 52 Week Blogger Challenge

Well, hello all my crazy peeps!! It feels so good to be back and have my fingers floating across the keys of my laptop! I cannot even begin to express what it has been like for the last year and a half that I haven't been around.... and I'm not going to!


That's a post for another time though! To just give a quick run down, I'm not going to tell y'all right now where I've been or what I've been doing (or not doing) because it will all come out in time! I'm also not going to explain in detail today how God has impacted our lives over this time and how He has urged me to take this blog in a more direct direction ;-) Because that will also all come out in good time!

I'm also not going to dish every minute of every day about how and where I see us in the future! What I am going to do is tell y'all how much I've missed ya! I'm going to gush about how amazing it feels to sit my feet in the water again and start building my community! I cannot wait to engage with you, interact, and overall.... just talk, hope, pray and dream together!

Last week, I stumbled upon this little 52 Week Blogger Challenge over at Sarah Emily Blogs and I couldn't believe what a perfect way this was to get back in the game! Now, I'm a little late to the show so each week from here on out I will be posting the current week's theme....then sometime later in the week I will back track and do one I missed! I really hope y'all take the chance to pop on over to her and join up in each weeks linky!

Week One: Meet the Blogger
Most of y'all have been around a while (as in even when I wasn't) but hey, lets just get off on the right foot here, okay? My name is Shana Danae and I'm an American citizen immigrant in South Africa. In March this year I'll have been here 7 years.

I am wife to my amazing Hubby and mom to two beautifully handsome boys. Oh and I'm 26 ;-)


This past year and a half has been a whirlwind of ups and downs and major life changes. But I'm so happy to say we are back "home" in our small valley, farming town (known as The Dal on OC {Organized Chaos}). It wasn't an easy or smooth road and I cannot wait to share all of that with you guys!

If y'all didn't know, our hearts breath, eat and sleep "The Dal"


However, for now I've been blessed to be working again! I was offered first a part time job working with my church and shortly after that approached by a farm to extend my administration services in the rest of my daytime hours! It's an ongoing joke right now that both jobs are too little for full day but too much for half day! And it is a wonderful, chaotic ride learning to balance it all!

I am first and foremost a daughter of our Lord and King and my life as well as my families is dedicated and devoted to Him. I still believe in the occasional glass of wine and know our sins show through in more ways than one! I'm determined in life to show you can be a devoted disciple without being perfect and the church is meant for the broken! 

I'm extremely outgoing, love for things to be a certain way, and cannot go without my "lazy time" each week! We spend our free time fishing, camping, swimming, making delish foods, and overall being with each other in the presence of God.   

I hope you stick around a while and get to know me and my family a little more! There is always room in our house for another heart! 

Join us each week at Sarah Emily Blogs!
  I know you'll enjoy us! Let me know if you've joined the challenge in the comments below! I'll make sure to stop by!


Shana Danae

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

11 comments:

  1. So glad that you are blogging!! I have friends who live in South Africa and four of my children have been there. It is a place that is dear to my heart. Anyhow, it was nice to stop over for a visit with you. I love your blog's name. Have an awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Africa is truly a beautiful place to live! My heart is especially fond of the Limpopo area if you're ever headed to South Africa again let me know! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your week is blessed!

      Delete
  2. I echo Judith's comment above regarding your blog name: Organized Chaos is such an apt description of life! Even in the midst of your busy season -- and it sounds like you're been TRULY busy during this past year and a half -- I hope you find the time to kick back, relax, and soak in all the good fullness. :)

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Organized Chaos just seems to gather all of it up into one expression ;-) It seems some days life never slows down, but that is just another thing I'm learning about and understanding more of how blessed I am to finally be "home" This blog is my me time ;-) Thanks so much for stopping in! It's great to meet you too!

      Delete
  3. Well it was nice getting to know you through your post. Visiting from Meandering Mondays. ~Lowanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read it! I really hope to see more of you around here! ;-) Have a blessed week!

      Delete
  4. So glad to see you back, Shana! Have to say that I have thought about you and the family, often! I am so happy to know that all is going good for you and oh my I can't believe how big the boys have gotten! I am looking forward to hearing more and definitely sending lots of love your way. Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I have thought about you too!! I hope all is well in the Big D ;-) Things are looking up here (one day at a time!) and it feels good to be back in a place holding so much of my heart (the town and the blog!) I hope all is ah-mazing with you and the family!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...