Organized Chaos

Friday 18 January 2013

Fitness Friday {3}

Recap 7 January- 13 January:

Jan 7: 20 minutes walk/run; 20 minutes full body workout
I got in the walk/run. The workout unfortunately was missed because the kids were running a muk when I got back to the house! Hubby Dearest must still get used to being alone with both kids! ;-) I guess I must alotte for a time of adjustment for him as well! Definetly realized I need better sports bras! The girls are much bigger with me breast feeding and I need support I didn't use to need! ;-)
Jan 8: 20 minutes walk/run; 20 minutes abs workout
Again the run was a success! I was super into it and even pushed myself a little faster than I expected. Understand I'm not running at a fast pace or even the full time. It is a walk warm up then run one minute walk one minute rotations. Each run I add one more rotation. I got in half of my workout before the children were needing my attention again!
Jan 9: Semi-rest day 30 minutes yoga
I did manage to squeeze in a short yoga session but not the 30 minutes.
Jan 10: 20 minutes walk/run
This is where everything went wrong! Friends stopped by our house just as I was to be heading out for my run. Run was postponed until Friday morning!
Jan 11: 20 minutes abs workout
Unfortunately (actually we really needed this so it was a blessing!) we woke up to big thunderstorms and since I don't own a treadmill my run was postponed again! Yet, we had plans to braai Friday night again so another day of no training :-/
Jan 12: 20 minutes walk/run; 30 minutes yoga
Again this was a flop. I'm very disappointed in myself but I believe I set my expectations too high. Physically I feel I can handle the plan but schedule wise I wanted to much too quickly. This is a time of adjustment for my entire family and I need to be consious of the changes for them as well. However, I need to remember that this is the one thing that is strictly for me that I do and need to make it more of a priority!
Future outlook:
I’ve acquired a plan via Womens Health about getting yourself running 30 minutes in 30 days. You can check it out here for more details to how the plan works. I’ve incorporated this into my plans along with some strength training.
I’ve added in an additional strength workout on Thursdays this week. I plan to keep up the 4 days double a week.
As I’ve said, these are my goals. Everything is subject to change based on how my mind and body copes.

Jan 21: 30 minutes walk/run; 30 minute yoga aerobics
Jan 22: 30 minutes walk/run; 30 minute full body workout
Jan 23: Semi-rest day 30 minutes yoga
Jan 24: 30 minutes walk/run; 30 minute yoga aerobics
Jan 25: 30 minute full body workout
Jan 26: 30 minutes walk/run; 30 minutes yoga

Wish me luck and stay tuned next week!

If you’re at all interested in what I’m doing or getting yourself back into shape can I please encourage you to check out two of my favourite mommy runners! These women love being mommies and their health and continually inspire me!

RunFasterMommy
Mommy With Her Running Shoes On



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Shana..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...