Organized Chaos

Thursday 26 June 2014

#30daymarriagechallenge

Marriage can be a sticky situation some days. Humans are not concrete people. We are fluid. We move with the waters of life. Our marriages are no different. There are highs and lows and each day brings about a new familiarity.  

I love this quote “You are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.”

In essence, we are ruled by emotions (even the men shaking their heads…yes you too!). We often react before asking questions, we judge before knowing facts and we assume way too much. I can honestly say all of these happen within my marriage.


Hubby and I spent nearly two months apart during this transition phase to a new town. Yes, we saw each other on weekends; however time apart in a marriage takes its toll. No matter how short that time frame is; for Hubby and I this was a huge time apart, where as in perspective to military families…this may have seemed like nothing.

This time apart was enough for both of us to develop some individual habits. You may think this sounds crazy but it’s true. Hubby got used to having his own bed again where I got used to having both children in the bed with me! It’s a small factor but sometimes our emotional side dwells on the small.

I’m so grateful to have us all in one house again and know that God pulled us through this difficult stage. I’m blessed to have a family that is supportive and understanding and a husband that goes the extra mile to take care of his family.
With that in mind, it is great to take time out and focus on our marriages every once and a while. Yes, everyday our marriages should be a priority but every now and then we need to put in that extra step. Sometimes we need to get up in the morning with an added focus point of “I’m going to do such and such today to aid my marriage.” What is great about this is that it doesn’t need to be because your marriage is having troubles. Even a sound marriage can use some extra backbone!

Part of my #Commitment2014 is my marriage. This month I propose a new #30daychallenge. This one I got from imom.com and I cannot wait to dive into this! Even better, it’s less of a challenge and more of a focus!!

organized chaos


July is going to be marriage month here on the blog. It’s a combination of 30 simple daily tasks. Things like making a point to say thank you or making a special meal for your spouse! If you’re a guy….just flip the things to do it for your wife! Get creative and share with us how you are challenging your marriage this month!





Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
The Happy Handicap
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree! It really is important to take time and focus on our marriages. My hubby travels a lot for work, so he's always gone. It definitely takes a toll on us both, and our daughter. But we really try to reconnect when he comes back; otherwise we end up annoyed with each other, ha!
    Thanks for linking up at the Shine Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I agree...reconnecting is essential!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's so great! I'd love to have you join us! Keep us updated on how you're doing and how you see Christ working in your marriage! They're such simple tasks and I'm already enjoying it!

      Delete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...