Organized Chaos

Friday 13 June 2014

Creamy Feta Spinach

I’m all about foods my children will eat. Thankfully, my children are far from picky; however I’ve learnt that some foods tend to send children running for the hills! I have a spinach recipe that will leave your little asking for seconds!


Ingredients:

1 bundle spinach
1 onion, diced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
1 block feta cheese cubed (about ½ c)
1 c milk
1/3 c butter
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbl sugar
Maizena
Salt and pepper

       1)      Chop spinach removing stems and rinse thoroughly. I suggest rinsing at least twice.
       2)      Add spinach along with onion and potato to a steamer.
       3)      Steam until wilted, approximately 20 minutes
       4)      Meanwhile, add butter and milk to a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
       5)      While bringing to boil, add in garlic and stir intermitted. You don’t want the milk to burn.
       6)      Once at a boil, add in maizena (corn-starch) and stir until thick. Begin with 2 tbl maizena and add until thick.
       7)      Add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
       8)      Add salt and pepper to taste.
       9)      Mash your spinach and potatoes once cooked.
     10)   Move spinach to a casserole and mix in white sauce.
     11)   Add your feta and serve!


This recipe leaves LJ wanting more and more! Enjoy!

What is your trick to getting kids to eat the green foods?

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
The Happy Handicap
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

2 comments:

  1. My son is SUPER picky. It's ridiculous. We've started just letting him eat whatever of whatever is on his plate and that's it because I've been making him separate meals and it's out of control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been blessed that my children are really easy eaters! They like food...period! But I know spinach is a hard one for kids! Luckily this recipe has been a hit from day one! I think you're on the right track. Even though my boys aren't picky they have their nights where they fight dinner. It's a simple rule for us...no tea after dinner if you don't eat your food and we refuse to make special meals!

      Delete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...