Organized Chaos

Friday 6 June 2014

South of the Boarder Baked Chicken

Sometimes I decide to get creative in the kitchen….I know, WOW right?!?

This was one of those days. We had a lot of fresh ingrediants left in the fridge from the day before and I wanted to use them up. I cook a big meal on Sundays and chicken was in order this particular day! I was craving some Mexican flavour though. I still had some taco seasoning left from our Mexican night and started brainstorming what could I do. Therefore, my peeps, I introduce you to South of the Boarder Chicken.



Ingredients:

4 pieces chicken thighs
4 tbl taco seasoning
1 small green pepper
1 small red pepper
1 small yellow pepper
1 medium onion
3 tbl maizena
Salt and pepper to taste

perfect for a complete meal

1)    Preheat oven to 220 C
2)    Place chicken in a casserole dish that has a lid
3)    Chop vegetables into small cubes and sprinkle over chicken
4)    Fill casserole to the half way point with water
5)    Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on middle rack in oven.
6)    Add taco seasoning about 1/3 way through cooking (approximately 20 minutes)
7)    All to cook thoroughly
8)    Remove from oven. Pour all liquid and as much of the peppers and onions as possible into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and mix in maizena (otherwise cornstarch) to thicken to desired gravy consistency

9)    Serve chicken over rice with gravy

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
The Happy Handicap
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...