Sometimes....sometimes I get an idea and I feel like I just nail it!
Last week I was craving chicken pasta. But I wanted a WOW chicken pasta. A pasta that would leave my taste buds feeling satisfied yet wanting more.
And I think I’ve found it! Luckily, my children are far from picky eaters but LJ chowed this down like it was going out of style!
WOW Chicken Pasta
1 small onion
1 small green pepper, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
1 small yellow pepper, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
6 roma tomatoes, halved
3 small chicken breasts, sliced (or diced)
500g noodles (I used twists)
1 cup milk
⅔ cup greek yogurt
⅓ cup sour cream
⅓ cup white wine
½ cup butter
Corn flour for thickening
2 tbl Garlic salt
2 tbl Mixed herbs
1 tbl Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup feta cheese
1) Cook your pasta until done and set one side.
2) While your pasta is cooking, begin by frying your onion and peppers in one pan.
3) Fry your chicken in another pan seasoning with the garlic salt and cayenne pepper to taste. I used about a tablespoon of each. Fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked and set aside still in pan.
4) Once your onion is just beginning to brown add in your mushrooms. Fry until all veggies are browned. Add to chicken mixture.
5) Mix your tomato in with the chicken and veggies until the tomato is just warm.
6) Begin your sauce by melting your butter in a sauce pan. Gradually add in wine. Mix well.
7) Add milk and bring to a boil.
8) Once milk is boiling add in yogurt and sour cream. Mix your corn flour with a small amount of milk in a cup to form a paste. Add the remaining garlic salt and mixed herbs.
9) Mix all into your sauce on stove. Turn heat down and let simmer.
10) Once your sauce has thickened mix sauce and chicken mixture with your pasta. Mix in cheeses and season with salt and peper to taste.
11) Top with fresh parsley and serve while hot!
I want to take a quick moment to introduce you to Tammy! She is the beautiful lady hanging out at the bottom of my posts this month! Tammy is a loving Christian, gorgeous mom and wife, and a first time Grandma (send her some love!). She blogs about life, encourages through the darkness, and writes books! Yes, she seems to have it all, but she is so down to earth and real...you'd have to fight not to love her blog! So take some time and say hello and get to know a new friend!
Blog// Bloglovin// Twitter// Facebook// Pinterest// Google +
Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!