Organized Chaos

Thursday 3 July 2014

A+ Mommy

The Radical Housewife
I think I’m beating a dead horse here as the saying goes. We’ve all heard the stories. We’ve read the articles and most of us all of us have been victim of a comment at one point or another. Mommy wars are real. And they’re nasty!

I’m an A+ mom! Not to toot my horn or anything but you know, I’ve got it all figured out. Said no mom truthfully…ever. One thing that really grinds my gears is when we start dishing out advice as if it’s the written truth of parenting. It’s been said a thousand times but no two children are the same, sorry, not even identical twins! Every child will have differences somewhere down the line and the same goes for families. I can’t imagine what goes through a person’s head when they begin telling you the “right” and “wrong” ways to go about things.


So, what’s my point? We all have “those days” and I’m no exception. My mommy brain takes over and all of the sudden we are climbing into bed and I’m asking myself what the heck did I do today?

-I get into the car every single morning and have to check if I remembered my cell phone. 2km down the road, I’ll have to check again because I can’t remember the first time I checked if it was there.

-If my kids are sick, I'm at the pharmacy before you can blink. If I'm sick, I wait until I can barely function before seeing a doctor. 

Clear example- noon and still in pj's! 
-Some weekends the only reason we get out of pajamas is because the boys want to go outside and I don’t want all that dirt in their pj’s that they can possibly wear a second night. That is just a waste of laundry!

-Some Saturdays we only change out of pj’s 30 minutes before Hubby gets home (to make it look like we got dressed for the day) because the weather was too bad to be outside and I said screw it.

-I constantly tell my nanny not to put our laundry away and that I’ll do it myself after work because I’m OCD about how I want it done. Then the laundry sits for 3 days in a basket and eventually she does it herself. This means every weekend I spend about an hour repacking our closets.

-I REFUSE to drink cold coffee. Sorry this metaphor is one not applying to this mom! I can down a cup of coffee in less than a minute if necessary so if your butt needs wiped, it’s waiting until my coffee is done. It’s about the only luxury I get each day!

-I will forever be a late person! If it wasn’t that I ride to town with Hubby in the mornings, I’d be late to work. He has to be at the office an hour before me, so we go there to drink coffee before I head to work. Yet, still, I’m the first one up and we barely manage to make it out the door each day on time. I’m not a morning person!

-I’m not a night person either! Ideally, I’m asleep by 8:30 each night. Once the boys are back in school, I’ll start packing bags and making lunches at night. However, for now, I leave it until morning. I’d really rather drink a cup of coffee after dinner and have a smoke and park on the couch the rest of the night while playing with the boys.

-We have a rack for our keys but if I drive I very rarely remember to hang them up. Hubby moans and I go looking for the keys (that are most likely in my pocket) so I can put them where they belong. Then when I go to drive again, I’ll spend 20 minutes looking for the keys that are hanging up in the first place.

And you can quote me on that!
-If the school sends home papers to be signed, you can believe I’m going to forget. Even if I set an alarm in the morning to remind me before leaving, somehow they won’t be signed. I have given this task over to Hubby for good reasons.

Despite all these things, I love my boys with everything inside of me and Hubby too! I could spend hours watching them play together in the dirt outside or take walks around the property. I love lazy Saturdays with them spent painting and colouring and really don’t give a rats kabooty if I leave my dishes undone so I can build an airplane from blocks with them.

We don’t do everything perfect. I’m now a week into trying to wean LJ from me and we’re still waking up constantly in the night and feel too guilty to put him in his bed to cry when I’ve already taken one comfort away. Lil Mister has regressed in his potty training again after the move and it drives me up the wall but I figure he knows how to do it right and this is his way of saying something he can’t. So I continually tell him it’s wrong and move forward in trying it all over again.

We dance around in our socks to music way too loud, eat breakfast for dinner at least once a week, and laugh and tickle as often as we can! Their smiles are more important to me than scrubbed windows and if the only way I’m getting a hot bath is if they’re in it with me, then so be it!

Moms, it’s about memories. It’s about happiness and love. Stop letting others get you down! Stop comparing yourself because you’re not organic, or cloth diapering (because I sure as heck don’t want to scrub those things) or because you WANT to work! Just stop.


Tweet: Ur nt askin ur neighbour 2 come take a look if ur gettin that kama sutra right so y the heck r they tellin u how 2 raise ur kids?You are beautifully and wonderfully made in Christ and He made you Mom to these children because it was the task for YOU! You’re not asking your neighbour to come take a look if you’re achieving that kama sutra position correctly so why the heck are they telling you that you’re time out method is wrong? 

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Heartbeats Soul Stains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


XOXxx

Shana Danae..


9 comments:

  1. My husband puts his and my car keys anywhere but the hook! It drives me nuts. Let me know how weaning goes. I've been trying to wean C for about four months now and it's so not working. I just can't listen to her scream in the middle of the night. We're down to basically twice a day though, so that's better than it was...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weaning is difficult! Amazingly LJ has been great! He barely cried and we made it through the first week! We were already down to only suckling in the night so that really helped. The first couple of nights were rough but he adjusted. Then after a week I was admitted to hospital so that meant he didn't have a choice. I'm home now and he hasn't once tried to go to the breast! Keep at it. The crying is what kept me from doing it so long! Yes, slowly decreasing down to twice a day is a huge jump!

      Delete
  2. Love this post Shana!!! It's so true - we need to stop focusing on being perfect and instead sit back and enjoy the fun. They're only kids for a short time so we should enjoy it!!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! It's the memories and enjoying the time with our little ones. We moms are our own harshest critics.

    I laughed so hard when I read "some Saturdays we only change out of pj’s 30 minutes before Hubby gets home (to make it look like we got dressed for the day". This is us... DAILY! LOL.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness you can relate! ;-) LoL But I kinda blew my cover with that one since Hubby reads the blog and all! ;-) I simply said well now we no longer have to get dressed because you know the deal!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I needed to hear this. I try and try to be perfect like I think other mother are. And when I fail I get down on myself wondering how the perfect mommy gene skipped me. You are not alone, if my and my son are not going anywhere we do not get out of our pajamas either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a perfect mom. I believe that we are perfect in trying our hardest. It doesn't mean we won't mess up sometimes but my goal is that when my kids are my age they will look back and know that no matter what I was there, involved and that I loved them! Everything else is just society's way of making us buy more products and create an image that isn't real! Way to go on the pajamas!

      Delete
  5. Hey girl heyyyy! I love this post. I beat myself up enough when I don't do things perfectly as a mother...no way in hell I'm gonna let someone else tell me I'm doing things "wrong" lol. It sounds like you know how to have a fun time, even when the kids/hubby might be driving you up the wall! I have learned how precious a good sense of humor is as a mommy :) I cracked up at you getting everyone dressed just before he gets home sometimes and I have actually been LOVING iced coffee this summer...I can chug that stuff any time of day! ♥

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...