Organized Chaos

Tuesday 21 May 2013

What Do You Write About?




‘What do you write about?’
It was said with a smirk. It was meant to be condescending. The question, surprisingly, did not surprise me.





My life seems pretty boring in comparison to the shakers and the movers. I’ll admit some days I wonder about the path God has led me on.

A working mom to two boys and a wife. I work 10 hours a day and wipe butts and make food (after washing hands of course!) in the evenings. What could be so interesting or exciting about that?

I planned to be a missionary. I planned to travel the world. I planned to make things happen and change peoples lives. But we all know about plans!

God had other plans.

I am a missionary….in my own home. I may still travel the world one day! Each and every day things are happening and I’m being an example. Most of all, I am changing lives. I am shaping, forming, and training two amazing and beautiful lives every day. Two lives in which I am completely responsible for!

A verse that has been ringing in my heart lately:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Oh how easily I can forget these words. When a evening goes askew due to forgetfulness or I’m lost in the dark caves of motherhood forgetting that there a b.e.a.utiful light shining from within; these words ring out from the Holy Spirit drawing me back to my rightful place.
At the feet of God worshipping, praising, loving.

When I started my blog, I just wanted to reach out to others. I was struggling through the end of my pregnancy and missed home terribly.
I needed more connections in life. It is who I am as a person.

What I never saw coming was the platform God was giving me.
He is answering my prayer request that I would meet some amazing people through this blogosphere. He is fulfilling my desires to establish friendships with amazing ladies I’ve never met IRL.
And what is so wonderful is that some of these ah-mazing ladies are becoming closer to me than people I see everyday.

This blog has already opened so many doors for me and I’m so excited to see where God takes it in the future. I’m thrilled about the wonderful people I’m going to get to know, the companies I’m going to get to work with, and the experiences I’m going to have.
I’m thankful for this platform to reach out and inspire and be inspired.
I’m grateful for a place to put my thoughts into words and let the creativity flow from my fingertips.

I’m not a ‘mommy blogger’ the entire time. I’m not a devotional blogger either. I write about what is in my heart.

I write about what is in my life.
I write because I want to.
What you get is the real me.
I have good days and bad days; good posts and bad posts.
I have children whom I LOVE to talk/ write about.
I have a Hubby whom I cannot imagine life without.
There is no shield and there is not barriers.
What you see is what you get.
And I hope, I pray that is enough for all of you.



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...