Organized Chaos

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Once Upon A Time with Jane Austen

It is of no secret that I absolutely adore Kiera Knightley. Let us not even begin to discuss how many times I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean.

www.fansshare.com

So obviously, when I saw Pride and Prejudice had her name on it....I had to watch it! And I truly hate to admit it, but I saw the movie first (*gasp*). I know, I know....reader fail!


But that movie opened me to a world I'd never known. I have since truly fell in love with Jane Austen. Immediately after seeing the movie, I went to buy my first book. No lie...it was a Saturday morning when I was still in America and I drove straight to the book store after the movie was over!
theepochtimes.com
I am a hopeless romantic....I'll admit it in a heart beat...but it is more than the romanticism of Jane Austen's books. It's struggles that are real today if you truly take a look at them. In Pride and Prejudice, we look at people attempting to overcome the social difference in stature. Rich and poor don't mix! Don't tell me you aren't a sucker for that nonsense....look at the hype over Prince William and Kate!

www.fanpop.com
It's her writing that pulls me in to where I just can't wait to turn the next page. You're absolutely right....we don't talk that way...that is what is so amazing about it! She takes us to a different time!
www.etsy.com
If you haven't read a Jane Austen book....do yourself a favor and go to GoodReads and download one now! That's right...you can get the ebooks free!

This post was written as part of the #2014BloggerChallenge!

AnotherGirlyBlg


Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Kitty Adventures
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

3 comments:

  1. I too heart Jane Austen! Although I look at her books from a socio-economic standpoint and what was going on during the Industrial Revolution during the 18th century as a historian...and I just revealed what a nerd I am... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol You didn't reveal anything other than that you have excellent taste ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Jane Austen. She was so ahead of her time

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...