Organized Chaos

Thursday 20 March 2014

For My Bladders Sanity and Because He Just Keeps Pooing

Peeps, I’m going to get real today. And I don’t think it’s going to be very pretty. But lets face it....sometimes a girl just needs to get it out there! Ya know, because airing our dirty laundry for the world to see is the cool thing these days!

Often as bloggers we only put the good out there. For some it is a matter of pride! They just can't stand the idea of anyone thinking less of them than what they truly aspire to be seen as. 

For others, it's about family values. I fall into this category. My family is truly one that believes what happens in your house stays there. They don't even discuss things with other family members. I respect this a lot but sometimes a girl just needs to let go!

And for some, they want to use their blogs to inspire and uplift! Which I totally support but sometimes the most inspiring thing you can write is about how it isn't all sunshine and puppy kisses and how your a$$ hurts a little and what the world you're going to do about it!


He's Mamma's big boy and I love him!
1)    You see that adorable face. Yea, I know he is just so cute! And smart too. I mean his teacher is constantly telling us that he is so clever. But you know what that too cute for words face is doing to my sanity right now?! He is 3 peeps and I still clean his crap out of his pants every.single.day! (He is probably going to hate me one day for this) Mommas, I appeal to you for advice! He knows how to use the toilet. He does it quite often. He can tell me that is where he must do his business. He went the WHOLE FRACKIN’ day yesterday without going in his pants once. I took him to that darn toilet 4 times before bed time last night and sure enough the 5th time I took him....he’d done it in his pants! I’m out of ideas....and absolutely refuse to go back to nappies! I mean, peeps, he has asked us to pull over on a two hour drive to go wee, so he knows what’s going down. It’s like he refuses to potty train!

This is truly the only place he sleeps if I'm not holding him!
2)    You know what else I don’t understand, how I can handle a budget fairly well when we have our normal pay but when we get bonus...it all went to the drain! I’m serious. We aren’t perfect and have to keep things strict. But this month I got bonus and it’s like everything went with the wind and now I’m counting pennies until payday! And, oh the guilt that accompanies this!

3)    I also don’t understand how to wean my youngest of the breast! There is no milk, peeps! Nothing! But he still wants to suckle and now that he is cutting teeth again he is content to sit there the whole night! I mean really! REALLY?! This has got to end! I’m getting no sleep! Yet the moment he cries, Momma here is all like ‘oh, let me make it better.’ Only it isn’t making anything better! He goes the whole day and come night time makes up for it all! Like, I can’t even get up to go wee in the night! For my bladders sanity....we have to change this!

4)    How can my house be sparkling clean Saturday morning and by Sunday night it looks like a darn tornado spent the weekend with us? Seriously....seriously! I am so ready to lock the doors and just walk away by a Sunday night! I can’t take it! And I can’t just clean the whole weekend....need time with the boys and you know some form of Mommy time too! What the heck am I supposed to do?

5)    Why can’t I just be happy my Hubby is going to fellowship on Thursday nights? Don’t get me wrong...I am so proud of him and how he has changed our lives. But every week when he walks out that door I want to scream with jealousy because all I can see is he gets time....not at work and not at home. I want that too! And I let my jealousy take over my support. FAIL!

6)    What the heck is wrong with us Moms? No, I’m dead serious here, peeps. I get it, the mommy wars....I really do. I guess it has something to do with human nature and all that mumbo-jumbo. What I don’t get is why the heck we are letting it get to us! Why are we worrying about whether it’s right? Okay, if you are starving, beating or in some other way abusing your child....then yea, it’s just wrong and someone needs to step in! What I’m talking about is WHO the heck do people think they are telling me that an 8:30 bedtime is too late? I get home at 5:30pm! We must bath, eat, and spend time together! I am NOT sending my child to bed at 7pm. When did he spend time with us as a family? Stop worrying if your style is right! If it works for your family then by all means....go for it!

I’m going to stop now. That is just a few thoughts going through my head this morning as I ponder how much I’d rather be at home with my boys than at work (I hate it when they are home from school and I’m not there!).

But I have...a...plan! Yall know me and planning! ;-) But this is a loosey goosey type plan!

It’s long weekend here for us! Hubby works short hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I am off on Friday in addition to the weekend! So...

I’m starting with supporting Hubby tonight. Because you know what, I do get time. He lets me go running multiple times a week. This seems silly but the time adds up. It is balanced. I just choose to spend mine in little bits and he uses a lump sum! Tonight, I will tell him I’m proud of him and to enjoy his evening with the guys!

Lil Mister will be taken to the toilet every 30 minutes if it kills me! We are in full mode potty training basics....again. I don’t know if I need to make a reward chart, bake cookies for him, or scream for joy every time....but we’re going to get this right.

LJ is being cut off! I’ve tried giving him a dummy....he isn’t so fond of it. But we’re going to persevere. I’ve got a whole weekend to nap with the boys in the afternoons....so I don’t care how much sleep loss it means....there is no more mommy dummy! (There might will be some mommy tears though....I hate when they cry!)

And finally, we are spring or rather autumn cleaning! We don’t have a lot of money...nor a lot of stuff. Yet, somehow we seem to have things that just take up space because I refuse to get rid of things. If it isn’t being used....or worn I’m getting rid of it! That includes....oh dare I say it....baby stuff! We don’t plan on having any more children so it is time I begin to let go!


I plan on having family bed in the lounge each night, lazy morning drinking coffee while the kids play and lots of laughs, swimming and afternoon naps. We are locking ourselves away in the house (or well outside too but you get the picture). We aren’t going out this weekend. We aren’t having visitors. We aren’t doing anything but buckling down and focusing on the family!

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Heartbeats Soulstains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

4 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the poo problem! E will pee no problem, but refuses to go #2 on the potty. He waits until the middle of the night and then wakes up. I'm also wanting to wean C by 18 months, but I really don't see that happening in the next month. A has been trying to offer her milk in the middle of the night instead of me nursing her, but she isn't having it at all. I.Am.Exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exhausting! I'm so relieved I'm not the only one! It feels like Lil Mister should be past this at his age but I'm trying my best to remain patient.
      I can't see LJ being weaned by 18 months. But we are working towards it. I just need to put my foot down and I always give in because I'd rather have what sleep I can get ;-) LoL

      Delete
  2. Boys are more difficult than girls with the potty. All I can say is be patient. You can't force it or else it will go in reverse. Children are not robots. Just because the boy down the street was potty trained at 2.5 doesn't mean yours will be. It's really hard, and you want them to just do it, but it doesn't work that way. I really do think potty training is more mental than anything else.

    The boob? Well, when they need you they will ask. I am used to extended breastfeeding, so I don't really think about it. But my son is teething again (I think) and recently he has come back. What are you going to do? They go back and forth for a while. Just take it as a blessing, because eventually, they are not going to come back.

    Good luck!

    Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your support!! LoL You're right I do need to be patient with him and he has some really good days! And yes, it is a very mental challenge!

    I ended up giving in to LJ the first night! I just can't help it....I know he is just wanting that closeness with me! I will hold on while I still can to them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...