Organized Chaos

Monday 4 March 2013

5 for five

Do you tend to set goals only to see them slide down your priority lists? Do you want to make your goals each week to create a better more efficient you?
Do you want to start making goals?
Monday is the day for {5 for Five} with Jenn and Jessica! This link up allows you to come and share your top 5 goals for the week ahead. Link up with us and share what you accomplished last week AND what goals you're setting for yourself the week ahead.  (Still need a little clarification? That's okay! Check out Jessica's summary of the link up here!)


http://jkthomas87.blogspot.com/
PartyOfOne


So....I have an obsession with planners, journals, logs, and goals. I feel the insanity of it all is what keeps me sane! With all that I do (and don't do!), it's a great idea if I share some of my weekly goals with you and how I 'attack' them in my daily life. Goals are the structure to my life!
{ 2 for 5}
1) 4x Runs and 2x Cross Training
2) Complete Pinterest activity with Lil Mister-I had originally wanted to do a craft activity but instead settled for this great obstacle course idea. I was so caught up in the fun of it with Lil mister that I didn't get any photos :-(
3) Finish my day planner
4) Do a devotion every morning.
5) Establish a morning routine to fit everything in.
 
1) 4x Runs and 2x Cross Training
I've decided to keep this goal another week. I will not change a goal until I meet it 100%!!
I need to focus on my physical health. I LOVE running. If you didn't know that, clickity click that little tabby in the balloon over there >>>>>>> that says running! I have to plan to get this in with two kids and a ful time job, but it is well worth it! I've cut my cross training back to twice a week. I did some research and with as much running as I'm trying to get in and I do yoga twice a week, 4 gym sessions aren't really necessary. Although I'd still like to get there!
2) Do at least two structured activities with Lil Mister
I strongly believe that education begins at home. I hate it when I see children that sit in front of the TV the whole day. I also despise parents who refuse their children to have any kind of free play. Lil Mister has days where he needs entertainment and other days he is perfectly content sitting in his room with his cars. I try to keep a balance. That is the purpose of this goal. I want to plan and do at least two activities (around 30 minutes each) during the week (Mon-Fri). Activities like art, clay work, baking, ect.
3) Run 5km under 35 minutes.
After this past week of epic runners fail, this might be a big feat. I'm sure I've lost a good 2 minutes after last week but still. My goal in Aprils run is a sub-00:35 5km. I'd like to get there now to be well prepared. I want April's run to be a pace setting run; not a "I want to rip my lungs out why did I decide to do this again" run!!
4) Do a devotion every morning.
I've decided to keep this goal another week. I will not change a goal until I meet it 100%!!
I have found an awesome daily devotional delivered right to my inbox! So excited to try it out for a few weeks. Will let you guys know all about it!
5) Establish a morning routine to fit everything in.
I've decided to keep this goal another week. I will not change a goal until I meet it 100%!!
Winter is quickly approaching here and it will be getting lighter later. I need to soak up the opportunity to run in the am while I still can. I need to establish LJ into a feeding routine that allows me to get out the door in the morning. Come winter, I will crosstrain in the morning and run in the afternoons. LJ is eating at my run time right now so I need to get him moved back by about an hour! (We've successfully moved back 30 minutes! Hopefully we can secure the hour by the end of the week!)
 
So, there you have it! Those are MY goals for the week ahead!
What about you?! What are you setting out to do?! 
Link up and let us know! 


By the way, if you decided to link up with us today (THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!) we just ask that you follow good 'blogging manners' & do the following itty bitty things....


1) Please use the button (see sidebar) and/or link back to Jenn's or Jessica's blog- or both!

2) Pretty, pretty please follow Jessica  & Jenn! It helps us get to know you better! Plus, we love having new friends!

3) Jump around! Go have fun and meet some new friends! Maybe you'll find motivation in someone else post OR perhaps you'll be able to offer them some encouragement. We have some wonderful ladies linking up with us so I'd encourage you to get to know them! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Shana..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...