Organized Chaos

Friday 1 March 2013

Fitness Friday {week 9}

If you weren't aware, I am currently going head-to-head in an uphill battle. I have PPD. This wasn't an easy thing to accept and the feelings of failure wer quite overwhelming. Yes, I said failure and I will address that in another post.
I use running as a form of therapy. For me, the goals I lay out infront of myself are motivation. For me, the repetative process of putting one foot in front of the other over and over again is relaxing. For me, the victory of having pushed myself through another boundary is freedom.
I take joy and accomplishment in pushing myself past what I feel I can do.
Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic.

Tim Noakes, author of The Lore of Running
This quote resignates with my soul. PPD is scary. It forces me to face demons within myself that I didn't know existed. I feel lost and hopeless at times. However, running gives me a victory.
Each time I hit that tarmac, I restore belief in myself.
Each time I push past a limitation, I gain victory in my life.
Each time I refuse to allow the mental barriers to stop my body, I heal myself.
I refuse to accept that I will live inside a dark hole for the rest of my life. There are bad days and there are good days and then there are terrible days, but when I push myself and believe in myself....I gain a little bit of myself back.
Each time my foot hits the asphalt, I've taken another step forward towards a renewed me.
I've started a no coffee Friday because I drink WAY too much coffee. I figured this out through my food journal. Honestly, I already knew this but the journal put it big and bold in my face! So...on Fridays...I DO NOT drink coffee. I will share with you how this makes me feel each week! ;-)
Recap:
February 18- February 24
This week went a little bit better. I didn't get to my goal of 4 runs this week but I did...i DID run a 5km in 38 minutes and I did a nice 8km long run.
I'm enjoying more cross training but really want to look into getting some nice videos like a Zumba. I think that will interest me more! I need to build my strength though. I can feel myself loosing form on the long runs!
Monday- 5 km run 38 minutes/ Bootcamp cross training
Tuesday- got an early morning run in. Only did 15 minutes of running with 10 minutes of walking but I made that 15 minutes count!
Wednesday- Yoga rest
Thursday- 30 minute casual run. I think I hit about 4 km.
Friday- Bootcamp cross training (I love this!!)
Saturday- nothing :-/
Sunday- 8km long run...I did it in 45 minutes! Whoo-hoo




Future outlook:
March 4- March 10
4x cross training (4x full body)
2x 5km runs combined with 6x strides work
6 km run with 3x 5min bursts at SS
8-10 km ‘long run’ at a slow, steady pace (last 15 min @SS; 15 min core workout)

Wish me luck and stay tuned next week!




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Shana..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...