Organized Chaos

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Thank You!!!


It’s that time of year again. The red carpet rolls out. The celebrities all put on their best. The Rolls Royce is pulled from the garage. We all gather for photographs and endless questions…..
Oh wait I got a little carried away there didn’t I. You caught that did you! Oh, ok…you’re right I’m not participating in the Golden Globes or the Academy Awards this year….only because Bradley Cooper doesn’t realize my invitation never arrived in the mail. {I’m firmly blaming the postal services here for this unforgivable mistake!}
However….
Duh duh duh
I have been nominated…TWICE!! my lovelies for a Liebster Award!

This will make my second and third Liebster Award, but I will not crowd my precious sidebar with more than one little logo. {Unlike the future Oscars to cover my mantle….oh…no….ok you’re right I’m dreaming again…[sigh]}
I want to take a moment to thank Dawn over at Delectably Dawn and Stacey at This Mammas Ramblings for their consideration in me!
This little corner of the www we like to call the blogosphere can be kind of rough. Sometimes it makes me feel like I’m back in high school competeing for prom queen and ‘most likely to succeed.’ We have the popular crowd who seem to have like a gajillion billion readers and the weird ones who you just struggle to get in with and then there is the little guys like me! We’re not the stinky group that sits in the corner playing Dungeons and Dragons but we’re also not the cheerleaders dating the quarterback!
We’re simply out their doing our best and putting ourselves on the line to be built up or torn down.
What is so amazing is that every once in a while…in the blink of an eye…someone else steps from their shell and reaches out to one of us. We connect. We laugh and cry together. We read together and write together. We grow together!

That is what the Liebster is all about! It is an award for up and coming bloggers in this little world of ours! It is an award given to bloggers with 200 or less readers. There are some rules to this award though!
1)       Thank the person who gave it to you in a post….this is a little bit of like ‘HEY….advertise me quickly!! I did it for you!!’ or ‘I scratch your back you scratch mine!’
2)       Tell 11 facts about yourself.
3)       Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
4)       Prose 11 questions for the 11 bloggers you nominate.
5)       NO TAG BACKS!! ;-)

Okay…so I’ve already taken care of number 1 but let me throw it out there again! THANK YOU to Dawn and Stacy!! I’m so glad you are enjoying growing with me!

My 11 facts
1)       I NEVER thought I’d be 23 married with two kids but…HERE I AM! ;-)

2)       I am deathly afraid of clowns….the make my hair stand up and I will hide in closets. Sorry kids…no clowns at birthdays!

3)       I have this really weird reoccurring dream about taking a bath in diamonds and warm almond milk. I’m not sure what it means but I wouldn’t mind it coming true!

4)       As you probably figured out above…Bradley Cooper is my celebrity crush from Hangover to The A-Team…I’m an addict!

5)       I would willingly in a heartbeat pull my kids from school in high-school to homeschool and travel the world. But I want to wait until they are old enough to enjoy the experience. I don’t think there is anything the school can provide that a trip like that wouldn’t make up!

6)       I work for a farm in South Africa…but it isn’t what you think! We harvest citrus and grapes and are busy ALL YEAR ROUND. You really can get sick of eating grapes!

7)       Although so many people hated it….I LOVED being a blonde and think I’d do it again if it wasn’t so much work!

8)       Since starting blogging, I’ve become emotionally attached to my cell phone. It is like an extra appendage and I am lost without it. I am probably addicted to social media.
I didn't have picture for this so how about another one of Bradley Cooper! ;-)

9)       Lil Mister has absolutely NO problem walking around nude. We have never made a big deal about it and now at over two years old he will spend the whole day without pants if I let him.
10)   I like to cuddle…even when it’s hot out I’ll climb in bed with my boys and hold them close. Especially when they are so small! LJ is an ah-mazing cuddler!

11)   I have a bloggy crush on the following ladies and it is why I so desperately sought them out for ad swaps!! ;-) Kaitlyn at Wifessionals, Samantha at Hooah and Hiccups, Marquis at Simply Clarke, Lisette at Northern Belle Diaries, and Erin over at Newlywed Moments!! If you’ve never checked these ladies out…I suggest you do it now! Oh and Casey over at We TookThe Road Less Traveled (even if she doesn’t do swaps anymore! I still luvvv her blog space!)
 Oh you wanted another photo....here you go...
How could you not crush on that???

Dawns questions….
What is your favorite children’s movie of all time? Why? 
Aladdin. I still want to watch this movie every time I’m sick with a bowl of Chicken Noodle soup and a Sprite and saltine crackers. This was my Mom’s cure for everything!
Do you work outside of your home? Or are you a SAHM? What is your favorite aspect of your job?
I’m a WOHM. I love my children but I work for me. I need that feeling of accomplishment that I achieve at work. I love the people I work with. My boss is ah-mazing and the entire farm just has a sense of easiness amongst each other!
Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
I’d say it was my Granny. I spent a little over a year living with her before I moved to South Africa and that was one of the best times of my life. She got me back on track with the Lord, taught me to nuture the Spirit in my life, and always encouraged me to follow my dreams. I miss her terribly but carry her with me every day!
What’s your guilty pleasure? Bad reality T.V. shows? Taboo memes on the internet? A certain food that only a pregnant woman would love?
Coffee and chocolate….I even make coffee cocoa brownies ;-/
Pepsi, Coke, Coffee, Tea, Water, Juice…or wine?
Coke over Pepsi, Coffee over Tea, Water over Juice….is noon to early for wine?
What’s your favorite fruit? Do you prefer it raw, baked, with dinner, in a salad…or with everything?
Strawberries….I’ll eat them raw, with cream, in a salad, juice….I just love them!
What is your favorite genre of music to listen to in the car?
Country! I love the feeling it gives me of my home roots!
Toilet paper…are you an over the roll or under the roll user?
I never really cared but Hubby insists it goes under the roll!! So I oblige! ;-)
It’s bedtime! Are you a side, back or stomach sleeper?
I’m a side sleeper….it aids in the cuddle process!
What’s your favorite gadget to use in the kitchen?
A whisk…no matter how hard I love whisking it by hand!
When you’ve had a stressful day, what is the FIRST thing you do to unwind?
Sit and play with my boys. If the day is just too much, I leave everything and just play in the grass. It makes my worries go away!

And Stacy’s questions…
How long have you been blogging?
6 lovely months!!
What are your hobbies?
Running….do children count??
How many children do you have or would like to have?
Oh kids….I have two beautiful monkeys boys and I’m perfectly happy..NO MORE
What is your favorite tv show?
House still beats everything else…I’ll watch reruns for days on end!
What is your favorite color?
Eish….I like pink but honestly…I love LOVE a mustard yellow. I think it looks great on me!
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Hmm….I really can’t decide. I’d rather live on a boat that my family and I can just travel and drift wherever the current takes us.
Do you have any pets?
1 poor little fish…the others didn’t make it. We need to get him some friends.
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Oh my….yes let’s just leave it at that!
What is your favorite desert?
Cheesecake all the way people!!! CHEESECAKE!
Are you a night or day person?
Before kids….night totally. I still love nighttime…but the kids force me to be a day person
What is your favorite Season?
I miss Autumn in America. The change in colors, sitting around a fire bundled up roasting hotdogs, hay rides, full moons. I LOVE it!!

And finally for my questions….
1)      If you knew there were no consequences, what would you do?
2)      What do you believe in?
3)      Who is your celebrity crush?
4)      Why did you start blogging?
5)      If you could be a sea creature, what would you be? Why?
6)      Most said statement from you…..
7)      Finish the sentence….One time when I was in high school,
8)      What is one thing you NEVER leave the house without?
9)      What is number one on your Bucket list?
10)   What is the one thing you always turn to in order to relax?
11)   Favorite person…..

And the nominees are....
Lovely Light
Run Zippy Run
Sprinkles on Toast
Foodies Find Fitness
Life with the Little Man
Mind Body and Goal
Nugget on a Budget

Go get them girls!!! ;-)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Shana..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...