Organized Chaos

Thursday 3 April 2014

Off Balance

Something feels off today. I am not sure what it is or why...I just feel unbalanced. Like the world is sitting slightly farther right than it should and I’m walking a little different. I feel it inside my gut....that pit in my stomach.

You could say that when my mornings start tested then my whole day is lopsided. It is like that little change just wiggles it’s fingers into my entire day. You know, Lil Mister is exactly the same! We always know that if he wakes up “on the wrong side of the bed” then it will be a difficult day. Typically, he will be kwaai (hmm....like grumpy) the morning. Everything is an issue and then we know...take a deep breath and move forward with him. We will tell his teacher K as well that it is “one of those” mornings and she understands. We will find that he had a rough day with the potty and normally wasn’t so cooperative with the friends that day. One way we are similar I guess. (Not the potty thing...I’m okay there!)


For the world to know now, Hubby got the promotion! I am so so proud of him. I can not even put it into words! However, it doesn’t mean my fear has lessened or that I’ve managed to let go completely! Yet, yesterday marked the moment I had to let my boss know officially. I promised I wasn’t going to cry and then I broke that promise big time! My work is being very supportive though and believes we are making the right decision for our family. They bosses have offered up letters of recommendation and kind words of advice and are asking how we are planning the move and if we need any help. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love in this job and it makes it even harder to face the reality of leaving! I have been truly blessed to work with these people!
 Of course, Hubby wanted to braai last night! It looks like he can be expected in the new shop as early as next week....so our time together and with friends is limited. I will be staying behind until the end of May unless God has other plans for us. I told him we could invite a few friends over and enjoy the evening. This obviously led to a late bed time and some snuggles in between!


I have a big surprise I am trying to plan for Hubby but since he reads this blog sometimes all of you will just have to wait a couple of weeks to find out about it too! ;-)

That late night resulted in waking up late and that is where it all went skew. I got up almost an hour later than usual....with no bags packed for school and no lunches made! Luckily, there were leftovers from the braai for us! I quickly jumped through the shower and Hubby and I made it to the school just 5 minutes after our normal time. This five minutes meant, though, that I could not walk the boys into school with Hubby. I needed to catch my ride to work!

I hate not taking the boys in the mornings. I already miss on picking them up. Hubby gets the run down from Lil Mister each day of all the happenings and by the time I make it home hours later; Lil Mister is over the idea of talking about the school day. So, mornings are the time I enjoy.

I’m stuckin the waiting now. Waiting to know what day Hubby is leaving and then waiting to know when he can come home for visits. Waiting to hear about job offers and houses to look at. Waiting to move....waiting for God’s plans to be revealed. I know God is refining our family right now and I am just impatient.

Which brings me to...I am not sure how everything is going to happen once we move. Computer access may be limited for some time. Luckily, I can handle my social media and blog reading from my phone! I don’t want to disappear completely though! So, in addition to my posts what I am scheduling and when I can get near a computer to post...I am wanting some guest posts! I would love to use this time to feature some of the amazingness of all of you! Shoot me an email if you are interested!


But my day just feels....blah now. Do you ever have days like this?

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Heartbeats Soulstains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

4 comments:

  1. That's great about the promotion! I know it will all work itself out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know it will all fall into place if I allow God to do the planning! ;-) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. The bad thing about moving is not knowing what will happen, but it can also be a great thing about moving. I'm glad to hear that your husband got the promotion, and I'm sure things will work out well for you. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Yes the uncertainty can be nerve wracking but I know it is for the best! The excitement is slowly creeping in!

      Delete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...